atom feed26 messages in org.blender.bf-committersRe: [Bf-committers] Current state of ...
FromSent OnAttachments
Daniel StokesApr 21, 2016 3:07 pm
Paweł ŁyczkowskiApr 21, 2016 3:28 pm
Daniel StokesApr 21, 2016 4:49 pm
Jacob MerrillApr 21, 2016 8:40 pm
Ton RoosendaalApr 22, 2016 1:50 am
Fabien DevauxApr 22, 2016 3:00 am
Doeke WartenaApr 22, 2016 4:08 am
Owen Hogarth IIApr 22, 2016 4:49 am
Rain GloomApr 22, 2016 5:34 am
Duaret Ramos SapoApr 22, 2016 5:37 am
homacApr 22, 2016 1:39 pm
KnappApr 22, 2016 3:08 pm
Fabien DevauxApr 23, 2016 3:16 am
hewi jupamaApr 28, 2016 4:59 am
Ton RoosendaalApr 28, 2016 5:13 am
Ton RoosendaalApr 28, 2016 5:17 am
blubee blubeemeApr 28, 2016 5:19 am
Doeke WartenaApr 28, 2016 6:38 am
IchthyostegaApr 28, 2016 9:04 am
TARDIS MakerApr 28, 2016 9:11 am
José RicarteApr 28, 2016 10:13 am
Harley AchesonApr 28, 2016 10:41 am
Dahlia TrimbleApr 28, 2016 11:38 am
IchthyostegaApr 28, 2016 5:55 pm
IchthyostegaApr 28, 2016 5:58 pm
KnappMay 6, 2016 7:49 am
Subject:Re: [Bf-committers] Current state of Blender's user experience
From:Owen Hogarth II (gure@gmail.com)
Date:Apr 22, 2016 4:49:54 am
List:org.blender.bf-committers

I'd also like to chime in on the icon heavy ui, I think it would probably be more trouble than it's worth. Blender is like vim and I use both vim and blender, but I agree with Fabien.

The main disadvantage I see with icon heavy software is the issue I deal with a lot right now. hDPI support is pretty terrible for most software on linux. Blender is one exception with the ui scaling things just works worlds better than most other software that I use on linux.

Best, Owen