atom feed26 messages in org.blender.bf-committersRe: [Bf-committers] Current state of ...
FromSent OnAttachments
Daniel StokesApr 21, 2016 3:07 pm
Paweł ŁyczkowskiApr 21, 2016 3:28 pm
Daniel StokesApr 21, 2016 4:49 pm
Jacob MerrillApr 21, 2016 8:40 pm
Ton RoosendaalApr 22, 2016 1:50 am
Fabien DevauxApr 22, 2016 3:00 am
Doeke WartenaApr 22, 2016 4:08 am
Owen Hogarth IIApr 22, 2016 4:49 am
Rain GloomApr 22, 2016 5:34 am
Duaret Ramos SapoApr 22, 2016 5:37 am
homacApr 22, 2016 1:39 pm
KnappApr 22, 2016 3:08 pm
Fabien DevauxApr 23, 2016 3:16 am
hewi jupamaApr 28, 2016 4:59 am
Ton RoosendaalApr 28, 2016 5:13 am
Ton RoosendaalApr 28, 2016 5:17 am
blubee blubeemeApr 28, 2016 5:19 am
Doeke WartenaApr 28, 2016 6:38 am
IchthyostegaApr 28, 2016 9:04 am
TARDIS MakerApr 28, 2016 9:11 am
José RicarteApr 28, 2016 10:13 am
Harley AchesonApr 28, 2016 10:41 am
Dahlia TrimbleApr 28, 2016 11:38 am
IchthyostegaApr 28, 2016 5:55 pm
IchthyostegaApr 28, 2016 5:58 pm
KnappMay 6, 2016 7:49 am
Subject:Re: [Bf-committers] Current state of Blender's user experience
From:Dahlia Trimble (dahl@gmail.com)
Date:Apr 28, 2016 11:38:02 am
List:org.blender.bf-committers

Having spent much time learning and using both Blender and 3ds Max, I much prefer the Blender way of doing things. It just feels much more efficient, helps me model faster, and seems to make more sense relating to the task at hand. I'm glad they took this approach, 3D modeling is not at all like image editing or word processing and should not need to follow conventions of programs which do those tasks. I don't know Maya so I can't comment about it. I did feel that there's nothing especially well designed about the 3ds Max user interface; it's extremely complex with features hidden behind unlabeled buttons tucked into corners which enable even more very complexity. I can hardly see how "conventions" such as these are helpful.

3D programs such as Blender, 3ds Max, and Maya are very specialized software systems which were all developed independently by different groups of people with different goals in mind. Each has it's own strengths and weaknesses; use what works best for you. I prefer Blender.